Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.
Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
From goodreads.com 

I absolutely LOVED  this book. I honestly don't read very many books like this, but I think I might want to start reading more! I loved how Echo and Noah were both so against so much as even working together at first, but as they work to get what they want they ended up falling in love. I liked that the romance wasn't rushed and seemed to be paced perfectly. It wasn't one of those "love at first sight" situations, it was a lot more gradual and that made it a lot cuter.

I also really liked the characters themselves. It was very easy to be sympathetic to them (I would say to relate to them, but I've never been through anything like what they have gone through). I really enjoyed getting to know both Echo and Noah in this book. I also loved Noah's relationship with his little brothers. It made him a lot easier to like because at first we just see him as this big jerk who does things that might make you respect him less, but then we see everything that's wrong with his life and how much he loves his little brothers and it just made my heart melt. It was adorable.

So, overall, all I can really say is that I liked this book way more than I was expecting to. I think I finished it within about two days and I read it right around Christmas and was just coming out of a reading slump so that's really saying something. I just absolutely loved this book. I give it 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment