Friday, December 31, 2010

Review: Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld

The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy. It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker powers.
Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally together aboard the airship Leviathan, they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory.
Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies, and brave hearts to face what's ahead.
From goodreads.com
I love the world Westerfeld has created. This book was amazing.

Alek and Deryn are still awesome in this book and I still love both of them. All of the characters are certainly good at keeping secrets. I also fell in love with a new character in the book, a certain perspicacious little furry creature who was good at figuring out people's secrets- he definately made me laugh at times. I love Deryn's bravery and how much she wants to help Alek and how Alek wants to help her. Their friendship was real and I felt that I connected with the characters.

It was definately fast-paced and interesting. I couldn't put it down until I knew what happened to Alek and Deryn. This book takes you on a journey to far away places in a time of war. I think it's interesting how it has some similarities to what really happened in history, but it's still completely different.

Really awesome book that you guys should all read. I give it 9/10.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read it yet but I plan on it. I am about 1/8th of the way through writing a steampunk novel of my own so getting ideas of what's out there and what sells is important.

    I love the genre, this will be my first steampunk novel but as I learn more about the genre I become more determined it won't be my last!

    Check out my blog, http://brassbolts.blogspot.com/ for general steampunk, writing and news of my progress. When I start on the second draft I plan to share some snippets of my work and I'd love to have some visitors like you to provide feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I have given you an award! If you wish to accept it, you may find it over on my blog:

    Jude
    http://judesenglish10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete