Thursday, June 16, 2011

Review: 13 Treasures by Michelle Harrison


No one else can see the evil fairies that rouse Tanya from her sleep, torturing her at the slightest mention of their existence, but they are as real to the 13-year-old as anything she's ever known. She cannot rid herself of them, nor can she ignore them. But it is her insistence on responding to them that has her banished to her grandmother's secluded countryside manor.

There is much to explore and even more to fear in the woods surrounding the estate. But, the forest isn't the only source of dark secrets, and Tanya soon finds herself entangled in a mystery that could trap her in the fairy realm forever.

From goodreads.com
For the most part, I liked Tanya. She seemed independent and had a sense of adventure. However, there were also times when I just wanted to slap her. There were times when it took her forever to figure things out. This didn't change how much I enjoyed the book by very much, but it did bother me sometimes.

Other than that I really enjoyed the book. Once I had gotten a couple of chapters in I couldn't put it down! I really liked the mystery of it and, of course, the fairies (I think I've developed an obsession with fairies). I really enjoyed reading this author's take on fairies. The book was also pretty fast paced and there were some plot twists that I didn't see coming.

Overall, 13 Treasures was a great book with mystery, fairies, and adventure. I give it 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment